Put up all 4 of my diaries of 2003's New Years and BCS games.
- Grossman and Florida-v-Navare and Michigan in, by far, the best bowl game of that year.
- The story about a guy named Mike Moran crumpling up an aluminium ashtray at Burger King and eating it on a dare.
- The unbroken awfulness of the Fox broadcast of Texas-LSU, which also was Chris Simms final game (and featured his - really - 1st touchdown pass in the Cotton Bowl).
- The Richt-v-Bowden match-up, featuring a Rix-less, and vastly outcoached Florida State playing two underqualified but fabulously exciting QBs against Georgia's D.
- USC, fresh off a then-bewildering late-season surge and utterly unexpected Carson Heisman, opening the Iowa game by giving up every inch of a 100-yard kickoff return... and then blowing Iowa away in every measurable way.
- Hot sluts TWICE.
- The dreary trainwreck of the Ohio State-Miami "national title" game, starring Willis McGahee's knee.
Friday, March 25, 2005
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
4: Consecutive items added to Just White Noise, my personal blog, that involve (or at least invoke) college football. Topics:
Tommy Lee Jones' new, instantly forgetable movie, "Man of the House," which is vaguely about UT's football team.
College ball's only real rival for on-TV sports drama, the Westminster Dog Show.
A delightfully ugly hat.